Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Noah is a man after his momma's heart

I know I repeatedly say how Noah is such a loving and thoughtful child. He really is!

For example, on Sunday I was doing some chores around the house while CJ was at youth group. I helped the kids straighten up their room, as that is always such a chore it requires both child and adult. :) I had moved on into the kitchen and living room and the kids wanted to know what they could do to help. I normally prefer to just do it on my own, as I usually find myself repeating the actions so they are done to my satisfaction. I have a tendancy to overdo things at times, don't laugh, and particularly when it comes to housework. But on this night, I saw the plea to help momma, and I asked the kids to remove the clothes from the dryer to the chair. (Am I the only one that has piles of clothes that are sorted to be washed, the washer and dryer always full, 3 loads always waiting to be folded, plus at least 3 loads waiting to be put up?)

Well, AnnMarie lasted all of the 3 minutes it took to unload the dryer, but Noah took it to the next level. Instead of just putting the clothes on the pile I had already started, Noah folded that load of clothes, took all of the clothes that were already folded, and put them in the rooms they were to go in. THEN he put up all of the clothes for everybody.

Now, the only chore in the entire house that CJ does not do is put up his laundry. CJ will take clothes out of the laundry basket folded instead of putting them up. He hates putting up clothes. I think CJ was more excited about Noah helping out because now he wouldn't get in trouble for not putting up his clothes!

Noah is such a sweet child. I was so proud of him for helping me out. Thank you Noah for being the thoughtful child you are. One day you will make a wonderful Husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment