Thursday, August 9, 2012

The best summer cake ever!

Where in the world have I been? And why has no one introduced me to a pig pickin cake before? AnnMarie is seen here licking the icing for the cake....Which I would have to sumise that it was better for you to see her doing this then me! The cake consists of yellow cake mix, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup veg oil, and 11oz mandarian oranges. Mix well and cook 350 in the cake pans. For icing take 8 oz crushed pineapple drain and reserve liquid. In pineapple mix 1 instant vanilla pudding mix and 8oz of coolwhip. Mix pineapple and pudding first. Once cake layers are cooled take reserved juice and approx 2 tbsp sugar and heat on stove to make a simple syrup. Pour evenly over layers. Once done ice the cake. It must stay refrigerated and it delicious! I have looked for any excuse to make it this summer....you have to try it! I have varied it up too and put the icing on strawberry cake....just as delicious!
Let me know how it turns out.
CB#: 864-561-7323

No comments:

Post a Comment