Thursday, October 8, 2009

The DMV

I went to the DMV a few weeks ago to change the address on my driver's license. I had a few minutes and thought I would see how long the line was (it is always notoriously long in Greenville County) and see what all I would need to do. So I walk in and there is NO ONE in there. And I was like great! This will only take a minute. I ask the woman at the front desk what I need to do and she said to fill out this form but go straight to line 16. Ok. I told her all I had for proof of residence was my new mortgage statement and she said that was ok I didn't need a proof of residency. This did not ring in with me until later.

So I go to line 16 and proceed with filling out my form. I write my new address (which by the way I have lived there for 18 months but now that I have purchased it if I want the lower taxes everything has to be accurate...I'll do anything for a discount or coupon...haha.) on the form and she says "I need $10 and your former ID". Check. "Come take your picture". Check. "Here is your new ID". Check.

So what is wrong with this picture? I don't know if any of you have noticed but I am now a red head and have put on a "few" pounds. Hair is short again. When I took my last picture I was slender, blond and long hair. All I did was walk in with an ID that really didn't look that much like me and say "I need to change my address" and vioala I have a new ID with my picture. Who would know if I was who I said I was or really lived where I said I did. No need to get a fake id anymore, all you have to do is go to the DMV and get you a real one!

No comments:

Post a Comment