Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Week of a New Life

Hey folks! Just wanted to send out an update and let you know how the Cauble's lives are changing....with the beginning of the new year came Shaneki's new job. At this point we are leaving the kids at the daycare in Travelers Rest because it just makes sense. Currently the school will route Noah to the daycare after school like they have been and we don't have to worry about the 2:30 pickup from school. Due to this it just makes sense to leave them there until school gets out. I have been in the process of looking for a new daycare closer to home and on this side of town instead of 20 minutes in the other direction and I think I found one that will work well, but it hasn't been given the inspection or teacher introduction yet.....it's a Christian daycare that will actually put AM in a k-3 program and will pick Noah up from his new school for k-5 themselves and not have to ride the SCHOOL bus. Until all of this works out though, it means getting up 30 minutes earlier and the kids too. By 8:00 pm we are all in the bed....we are such "old people" as CJ likes to say.

CJ has been so kind as to pick the kids up every day except Wed. when he is working. I take them in the morning and he picks them up. I get to go in to work 15 mins later then I have been used to but get out 15 minutes later too....makes for a late day if I am going to get the kids and then back home. CJ has been a trooper through it all! His schedule got thrown all out of wack when I got a new job. But like we keep saying this crazy schedule will only last until June until the summer starts and hopefully we can get a new crazy schedule.

My first week as educational. We learned all kinds of things in orientation and I have a few stories I would love to tell you. Lots of training like, "this is the procedure for a terrorist attack", all that good stuff. After two days of training I got to sit with my training co-worker and watch her do the job. After three days of that I am itching to go ahead and start doing something. I have to keep telling myself, "I am getting paid to watch...I am getting paid to watch". Soon enough I will be begging to not have to listen to compaints I am sure.

Well, I have a ton of stories, but I have to read my "networking policy" before I write any....really. So I will let you all go and send funny stories soon. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment