Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's up dudes?

Awesome! It is raining outside as I type this! We prayed for rain on Sunday at Church and from the forecast we have been given I think it's suppose to rain for the next 10 days! There you go Ridgeview!!!
There's nothing major going on but thought I wouldn't disappoint everyone by not sending an update on our boring lives! This past weekend we have a story to tell...
We came home from our small group around 8:30 and our next door neighbor informed us that we had a new tree in our back yard. It might would of been nice if tha meant that we had a planted tree in the back yard but it did not. It meant that our back neighbors tree snapped in two about 20 feet up and landed smack in the middle of our metal building crushing everything in it's path. Since it was a large tree that meant we lost everything in the building. Being homeowners I called the insurance company on Moday and discovered that if a tree falls in your yard it becomes your property and pretty much it was now our responsibility to file and apply to our deductible. That sucks! But now CJ gets a new building out of it. At least it was the building and not the home....that's not nearly as easy to replace :) But it reminds us that we really do need to have the tree in the yard that is dead to be removed. No time like the present right?

The kids are getting ready to spend a week with my family while CJ and I stay at home and work. I can remember as a kid getting to go spend 2 weeks with Nan and Pop and camping out at the pool all day. I hope the kids enjoy it and have the same type of memories that I have from my childhood. AM told me tonight that we need to pack tomorrow. I asked her what she was most excited about and she told me getting to see Rocky and Major, the dogs. Ha! Major is smart enough to hide but poor Rocky loves attention and still runs from AM! She follows them everywhere and you can just see their exhaustion when she chases them!!!

Th storm is really starting to pick up so I am going to turn off the computer. Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment