Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8 days and counting

8 days and counting to our big suprise for the cauble family. So sorry I can't tell you what it is either, it's a secret. Actually Noah and AnnMarie don't even know something is coming! I sure hope I can keep this in for that long.
As you all know we love to be spontaneous. But both CJ and I are planners (I am being picked on for mapping out day care and child care arrangements for the next year including next summer by Kristin) so it's kinda wierd to make that comment but the thrill of saying, I don't want to spend the night at home tonight, lets drive to Atlanta (I did that back in May), is exilirating and so fun to pick up the kids and say, "we aren't going home, we're going on a little trip". They kinda have been trained, unknowingly but it makes sense, that anytime Mommy and Daddy show up together something special is about to happen. But we don't even have to take an over night trip for it to be cool. One of the neatest things we did recently was pack a picnic dinner and take some stale bread and eat at lake robinson and feed the fish and geese. We had a blast, it was a last minute decision and we made memories that will last forever. (however I think one of the memories of the flies being AWFUL while we tried to eat is really had to forget...it was so bad we took a piece of the bread we were giving to the animals and put it on another table to try to trick the flies to go elsewhere...it only worked for a few minutes)
Tonight I got home and CJ was playing UNO with the kids. Remember UNO? I remember when Noah was just old enough to recognize the numbers. AM does great with her colors and now it's like she suddenly knows all of her numbers. Remember me mentioning that earlier this week? CJ said she had no problem calling out the number when she threw it on the stack. Of course Daddy won because he always does. To which AM noted that he didn't because it was really a game for Noah and her and they were the winners. So go play uno with your kids. I promise it's still fun even as an adult and obviously even a 4 year old can play.

No comments:

Post a Comment