Sunday, August 28, 2011

I don't do this often

Hear is a story from this week about Noah that is worth remembering.
Noah, this past Monday you had gotten up first and had already settled in front of the TV and was eating breakfast. AnnMarie came in and sat next to you but she was not ready for school yet. I had asked for you to turn off the TV so sister would change her clothes. Once the TV was paused you attempted 3 times to take the remote and restart the show before she was ready. On the third time you did it anyway and at that point I took you to the bathroom and had to give you a pop on the hiney. We didn't really talk about it because it was now time for school to start. About 20 minutes later Daddy had to come and tell me about Mamaw and how she had gone to Heaven. Mommy stayed home that night but the next morning Mommy left and spent 3 days with Grammy. When I got home on Thursday night we had the following conversation:
Noah: Mommy, you had to do something you haven't had to do in a long time.
Me: Do you mean when I had to spank you on Monday?
Noah: Yeah, you haven't done that in a long time.
Me: Do you know why mommy had to spank you?
Noah: Yes Ma'am. I didn't listen and then did what you said not to.
Me: As long as you know why Mommy had to spank you, we don't need to not listen to mommy.
Noah: I know. I'm sorry. But I didn't tell Daddy. If I did he might want to spank me again.
Me: I didn't say anything, I was trying not to laugh.
We ended with a hug and kiss. I think perhaps the events of the week had Noah thinking about doing the right thing. In light of the events of the week I am just glad that Noah understood why he got in trouble and he learned from not listening. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment