Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Assie

So on Monday I couldn't get AnnMarie to get out of the bed, so I asked her if she could help me pick out my clothes for work, and that popped her up out of the bed fast!
I told her she didn't have to get up, she could just hang out in my bed, and talk to me, you know girl stuff.
So I had picked out my clothes and she was sorta zombieish---and the next thing I know she was out of the bed and in my closet. In her hands she had picked up one of my purple shirts and said I needed to wear this because it was 'assie'.
Now keep this in mind. AnnMarie is my precise child...her words are very well pronounced, with no baby talk in her language. Her vocabulary is better then mine at times, so she very RARELY comes across a word that doesn't make sense. So I'm thinking....has she said this will make me have a really big a**, or what?
So I turn to AnnMarie and say, can you say that again Mommy dosen't know that word.
She again says "Assie" will all the confidence in the world!
And then it hits me!
SASSY!
I confirmed that was what she meant, and she again said will all the confidence,
"Yeah Mom, Sassy!"
So needless to say I told everyone the same story at work that morning, and now everyone checks out my outfit in the morning to see if it is "Sassy"...but of course we always refer to it is "Assie". I love my AnnMarie, she makes me smile each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment