Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yipee! My first true DIY project since our move! It has long been a wish of mine to paint a tree on our wall and hang pictures and create our "family tree". Then I wanted to create flowers out of the kids handprints around the trunk of the tree. This is not the exact original concept but its pretty close. I think it turned out awesome! I used some peel stickers I found at Target for under $20, and trust me...the stickers were really nice to reapply when you don't like where it went the first time :} CJ helped me out and wouldn't you know these walls are plaster too...which makes hanging pictures a booger...however I think it means better insulation and support so we will take the plaster! Now we just need to get the rest of the house full of pictures. THis project took about 5 hours but that included picking out the pics have them printed at walgreens and finishing it up. Not to shabby!
I included a pic of what the blank wall used to look like. BORING!
CB#: 864-561-7323

No comments:

Post a Comment